European project Smart Multimodal Information Platform (SMIP).
- DIGITALIZATION of the Multimodal Goods Transport Operations in Europe.
- Create a common OPERATIONS platform for real-time exchange of information.
- Apply field monitoring of transport operations (road, rail, water and transhipment).
Sustainable rail transport - the preferred choice for your goods transport - WHY?
- Less polution with electric trains.
- Economic transport for the long haul (> 200 km).
- Reliable and safe transport mode.
Reinforcing the Multimodal supply chain - WHY?
- Lack of (real time) information or no exhange of information.
- Legal framework frustates complex transnational cooperation.
- Too complex supply chain management.
- A more attractive and reliable transport service needed as an alternative to other transport modes.
Reinforcing the Multimodal supply chain - HOW?
- Digitalization of information exchange based on Smart Freight Train concept.
- Change traditional information exchange to communication via an online ICT system.
- Real time information availability on a neutral common information platform.
- Real time monitoring of the rail transport via the on-board system.